The following article explains everything there is to know about How to remove sublimation ink from mugs? Ultimate guide to help you and other important facts that you must know about.
Sublimation ink can be used to print high-quality designs on mugs. However, you may notice a stain when you remove the inks from your cup. This stain can cause discoloration of other items around the mug and it should be removed before you use it again. You must be curious if we are removing ink from mug if you have bought it from shop that how to sublimate the mug I have given detailed overview about this on tumbler but process remains same.
In this article, we’ll share some of the best ways that you can practice at home. After following this guide completely, you can easily remove any type of sublimation ink logo or coating from the mug. But let’s first discuss how sublimation printing works. you cam also check 8 Best Sublimation Printer for Beginners for starting practice.
Also Check –
- What is Sublimation Printing? How does it work?
- Removing sublimation ink from mug:
What is Sublimation Printing? How does it work?
Sublimation printing is a special type of printing. It is specifically used to print cool designs and images on tees, mugs, vinyl sheets like mouse pads etc. In this process, the printer sublimes (converts from solid to a gas state) the ink on sublimation paper. Then the heat press machine again transfers the solid ink from sublimation paper to a gaseous state that becomes the part of the fabric or mug etc after cooling down.
This type of special printing can’t be done using ordinary printers, inks and printing papers. You need special types of inks, papers and printers for this purpose. These inks are called sublimation inks. Also, read the best sublimation inks in 2022 found on the market
Removing sublimation ink from mug:
Understanding the cause of the stain of sublimation ink on your coffee mug is the first step to removing it. Most cases will see the paint fade and leave behind picture stains. you must understand best sublimation paper 2022 are easy to remove, because of their quality. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
Find the Cause of Sublimation Ink Stain
- Low-quality ink
If the quality of the paper or ink is low enough to sublimation print, the ink can fade and may transfer onto other surfaces.
- Less heating
Ink may not bond permanently if it is not heated enough
- Too much heating
If your mug is too hot, the heating process may reverse and the paint could come off the mug.
- Do not use the alcohol cleaner:
Using an alcohol cleaner can cause discolouration of your coffee mug.
How to Remove Sublimation Ink From Mugs
Knowing what causes the ink to fade and create image stains is a good start to learning how to remove them. There are several methods to get rid of print-on image stains.
1. Dishwasher Method to remove Sublimation Ink from Mugs
One of the most common ways to clean the ink off mugs is the dishwasher method. It is simple to use and easy to follow. This is how you can get rid of sublimation ink using the dishwasher method.
Before you start, gather some things: a toothbrush, detergent, and a mug.
- The dishwasher should be set to high temperatures. Add regular detergent.
- To ensure that the logo is removed completely, run it through several cycles.
- To remove ink stains, scrub the cup with a toothbrush. Make sure you get to all of the corners.
- After cleaning the coffee mug, rinse it with hot water.
- Let it dry in the open air
2. The Oven Method
Although this method is more complex than the previous, it’s still relatively simple to get ink out of ceramic mugs.
- Before you use the oven, clean your coffee cups thoroughly. This is easiest to do with dish soap and water.
- The toaster oven will need to be heated on high heat without burning.
- Next, place the mugs upside-down on the lower rack of the convection oven.
- Let them sit for around an hour, then remove them from the oven and let them cool down.
- You can then dry them by rubbing any remaining residue with water or lemon juice.
How do I remove a sublimation coating from a mug?
It is more difficult than just removing the logo to remove a sublimation layer from a ceramic cup.
You will first need to gather supplies such as ammonia and vinegar, hydrogen peroxide or baking soda, and a toothbrush.
- In a bowl, combine one part of ammonia with two parts of water.
- Use the toothpaste to soak in the mixture, and then use a mug press to remove the coating.
- Use vinegar to rinse the mug. Then use hydrogen peroxide to clean it. Rinse the mug with water, then let it air dry.
Note: All these methods are only for removing sublimation prints from mugs. Don’t try these methods on fabrics to remove sublimation ink from T-shirts. Also, how to remove sublimation ink from a shirt.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many times can I sublimate a mug?
You can sublimate your mug several times. But each time the quality of the print will not be as good as for the previous one. Thus, we recommend printing a mug not more than 2 times. However, the answer to the question is you can use a mug in sublimation printing several times
Why are my sublimation prints on my mugs becoming dull?
If you are facing the problem of dull colors after sublimation, especially on mugs. Then it might be possible that you are not giving enough heat to mugs during printing. Mugs require excessive heat for sublimation prints.
Removing sublimation ink from mugs might seem a difficult task. But with some simple techniques shared in this article, the task becomes too easy. We hope that this article will have helped you. You just need to to follow these step I have tested these method several time and results were same, just add working 1 by 1 don’t mess up the things do exactly what i have described above.
If you’re still left with a query, comment down. You’ll surely get a solution to your problem there.