How to Download & Install HP Printer Drivers? Follow this detailed, step-by-step guide to find the right way to do it.
How to Download & Install HP Printer Drivers: All You Need to Know
Are you setting up a new printer for the computer? Have you accidentally deleted the printer drivers? Well, the good news is that downloading and installing them is incredibly easy. However, the condition is that you must know the right steps to follow.
Wondering how to download and install HP Printer Driver? Well, there are multiple ways of installing and updating a printer driver. To help you with this process, look no further as I am here with this detailed, step-by-step guide. So, don’t waste more time, and let’s get in.
What is a Printer Driver? Why Do You Need One?
In simple words, a printer driver is software that makes sure the computer data is understandable to the printer. It translates this information into a language that printers understand. As it is common knowledge, each software and hardware has its own way of giving commands to devices. So, the sole purpose of using the driver is to give instructions to the printer.
How to Download and Install HP Printer Drivers?
Now that you have got a new printer, start the process by downloading the driver on your computer. Likewise, if the printer is old and you have deleted the drivers from the laptop, the process remains the same. Here are some simple steps that can help you with the process;
- First of all, you need to check the online page of HP customer support. Here, you will find the drivers download instructions for the process.
- On the top, there will be a search bar. Add your printer name and model to it.
- This will show you some different options to choose from. Make sure you have read them briefly before downloading one.
- In most cases, the one at the top will be the best suited.
- After opening it, the document will tell you each and every step to follow.
- Before you get into it, make sure that you have read through the entire document.
- After this, click Ok. This will give the OS your approval to proceed further.
- Followed by this, press the Next button and choose the desired installation location.
- Although it will give you a customization option, I would advise you not to mess with it and just press install. Once it is done, all you need to do is press finish.
Why Opt for HP Universal Print Driver UPD?
Now, everyone has heard of the famous UPD. In simple words, it is the most versatile driver from HP that allows your laptop to get connected to different printers at the same time. You can also use this for non-HP printers, which certainly makes it a great deal. Here are some simple steps to install these drivers on your laptop;
- To begin with, go to the online page of HP customer support. From here, choose the software and driver’s download category.
- Just like you did in the previous process, enter your printer name and find the right suit for your requirements.
- This will provide you with all the necessary steps to install these drivers.
How to Update your HP Printer Software?
If you already have printer drivers installed, this step is for you. It is incredibly important to update them timely or else you will be left with an outdated version of drivers that will provide you with lag and a hung-up printer. Here are some simple yet effective ways to update your printer in order to make it better in efficiency;
- The most obvious way is to restart the computer. This will deal with any updates that are due on your device.
- All you need to do is press the Windows Key and Power Key and check whether it shows an option for updates.
- If there are some updates left, they will automatically start downloading.
- You can also schedule it for later and adjust the settings.
- Another way to manage the efficiency of drivers is to update them in the device manager.
- For this purpose, press the Start key and search for the device manager. After right-clicking it, you will find an option for driver updates.
- By pressing this, it will automatically install the drivers.
- Once done, you need to restart the computer and it is all done.
Commonly Asked Questions
Is the HP Universal Print Driver worth it?
Yes, it is certainly the most versatile driver of the brand. The thing that makes it stand out among competitors is the fact that it works for both HP and non-HP computers. Likewise, it allows users to connect their computers to different printers at the same time.
How do I update the HP printer driver?
Well, updating the already existing printer driver is incredibly easy. It can be done in two simple ways. First of all, you can check whether there are any Windows updates. If there are, restart your computer and they will be done in no time. Likewise, the second way is through the device manager. From here, you will check for updates and click on the download button.
Do I need to update the printer driver?
Yes certainly. Although many people ignore the importance of updating printer drivers, it is extremely important. This is because an outdated driver will provide you with hand and lag issues that might ruin the performance entirely. Getting over with due updates can improve its working and speed.
In the end, a printer driver is software that makes sure the computer data is understandable to the printer. Hence, whether you are setting up a new computer or have accidentally deleted the existing driver, installing them from scratch is no big deal as long as you know the right steps. To guide you through the process, follow this article.
Finally, I hope you soon will be able to figure out the right way to do it.