This guide tells you about 4 steps how to convert a printer to sublimation? to convert the regular printer into a sublimation printer and 6 steps to complete the conversion process.
You often look for conversion of a printer to a sublimation printer, mainly when you are starting a new business or are looking for an upgrade to your computer system in your home or office. While thinking about converting a printer to a sublimation printer, the first thing that comes to mind is what kind of printer you will need and how to convert a printer to sublimation.
Don’t Miss out –
If you are looking for the best guide to convert a printer to sublimation, this page will provide you with all the necessary information related to the conversion process. We will focus mainly on steps to convert regular printers into sublimation printers and will look into the details of the whole conversion process.
How To Convert A Printer To Sublimation
The following instructions will tell you about four easy steps to convert the regular printer into a sublimation printer and 6 easy step-by-step guides to complete the conversion process. Pay attention to the details below to easily convert your printer into a sublimation printer.
Four Steps To Convert Regular Printers Into Sublimation Printers
- The first and foremost basic step while converting a regular printer into a sublimation printer is to clean it properly. Make sure to clean the ink cartridges in your printer, including the printheads and all other minor parts. Remember to clean the printer using a soft-bristled brush or some soft cloth. Remember you have to dry clean it only.
- After a thorough cleaning, now is the time to install the sublimation ink. Find online help to contact the manufacturers to know about the compatible ink according to your printer model. You must make sure that the sublimation ink you are installing in the printer is compatible with the model of the printer you have.
- If you have an Epson printer, remember that they are technically set to switch automatically from one ink cartridge to another when they run out of ink. But when it comes to sublimation printing, you have to make some amendments in the settings to ensure that both ink cartridges are in use side by side.
- Our fourth and last step is to make the settings. Look for the ”Printers Properties Window” in your printer’s “settings.” Click on that and select “Maintenance.” You will see “Ink Cartridge Settings” under maintenance. While clicking on the “Ink Cartridge” setting, the drop-down menu will ask you whether to select “Automatic” or “Both.” Change the settings to “Both.” Now “print.”
In case the printer is not printing using the sublimation ink you have installed before, there are chances that you need to reset the factory settings.
- Now open the “Printers Properties Window” again and look for the ‘Maintenance” tab. Click on that and select “Factory Defaults.” It will show you the option of “Restore.” Click on that. The printer will automatically set itself to its original settings.
- After successfully performing the factory reset, now install the sublimation ink in the printer and make the changes in the settings as mentioned above.
- One thing you must keep in mind while performing all of these steps is to check whether the ICC profile is selected in your printer in the software or not. This is because the ICC profile is data that tells the device to print accurate colors. If the ICC profile is not installed and selected, it will not make the colors and shades according to your instructions and desire. This is a very important step to keep in mind while performing all of these settings.
- Whether you are using CorelDraw or Adobe Photoshop for printing purposes, most of the sublimation software programs come with the settings of ICC profile. Make sure to turn it on and select it while you are printing.
- Now you can take out the high-quality prints to check whether the printer is working.
FAQs | How To Convert A Printer To Sublimation?
What is the cheapest printer that can be converted to sublimation?
One of the most affordable procedures to convert a regular printer into a sublimation printer is to convert an inkjet printer. This would be the least expensive and cheapest choice that you can make. The Epson EcoTank and Epson WorkForce are the best and cheapest options if you want the cheapest printer to convert into a sublimation printer.
What is the easiest printer to convert to sublimation?
The Epson Ecotank printer is one of the easiest and most reliable in converting it into a sublimation printer. You can convert them as soon as you purchase them and take them out of the box. You can convert the printer simply by using sublimation ink and installing it in the printer and completing the initial filling procedure. The EcoTank from Epson provides you with better-quality prints and clear colors than the WorkForce series.
Is it worth getting a sublimation printer?
I prefer going with sublimation printers as compared to other printers. This is because sublimation printers provide fine details, accurate outlines, sharp colors, and vibrant shades. These printers are one of the best options for getting the best printing experience. Moreover, sublimation printers are comparatively affordable and highly reliable for running small businesses by providing you with permanent prints.
This article mentioned above tells you about 4 easy steps to convert a regular printer into a sublimation printer and 6 quick steps to complete the conversion process. There are some settings, some guidelines, and some important instructions written above.
Make sure to keep all of them in mind when converting your printer into a sublimation printer. Moreover, this detail mentioned above tells you everything about this conversion process so that you know the accurate procedure of converting a printer into a sublimation printer to make it more useful according to your need.